Fortnite’s latest content update is here and it’s bringing along a new gun and vaulting an old favorite.
The Burst SMG is season 9’s newest weapon. Much like the other SMGs in Fortnite, the Burst will use light ammo and deal moderate damage to targets. The gun fires in four round bursts and comes in Common, Uncommon, and Rare varieties. It can be found on the floor, in chests, or in vending machines.
The Burst is replacing the Silenced SMG, which is also being vaulted in this patch. The Burst is fairly accurate, at least at close ranges, but it won’t be a capable replacement for Assault Rifles like the Silenced SMG was. By adding the Burst SMG and taking away the Silenced, Epic should be able to more easily differentiate the SMG and Assault Rifle weapon types, which have blurred together over the last several seasons.
For a look at all the changes coming with this content update for Fortnite patch v9.10 you can look at the full patch notes below.
Weapons and Items
- Available in Common, Uncommon and Rare variants.
- Fires a quick 4 round burst.
- Deals 23, 24, 25 damage.
- 1.75x headshot multiplier.
- 24 round magazine.
- Can be found from Floor Loot, Chests, and Vending Machines.
- Uses Light Ammo.
- Suppressed Submachine Gun
- Common, Uncommon, Rare
Limited Time Mode Rotation
SOLID GOLD DUOS
Fight to the finish using Legendary weapons!
Battle Royale gameplay with a limited set of weapons made up entirely of items that are vaulted in the standard modes.
CLOSE ENCOUNTERS SQUADS
Close quarters combat with Shotguns & Jetpacks!
- Now spawning 4 hot spots each match, to ensure that there is at least one on each side more often. This is a temporary fix until we can set up functionality to force the same number on each side in big team modes.